Cork flooring has recently increased in popularity thanks to recent innovations, manufacturing technology, and its environmentally friendly nature. Cork flooring is made from grounded and compressed bark of the cork oak tree and is a natural and easily replenishable resource. Cork is also biodegradable, making it an ideal choice for homeowners who are looking to incorporate greener and more natural materials within their homes.
In this article, we look at cork flooring specifically for your kitchen and dissect some of the pros and cons related.
What are the pros of cork flooring for your kitchen?
Aside from simple installation, cork flooring has a few advantages over vinyl, laminate, or hardwood flooring.
Some pros of cork flooring for your kitchen are:
• Resistance to mold and mildew
• Able to handle foot traffic, making it ideal for kitchens as they are known to be the busiest room in the household
• A soft surface that makes it comfortable to stand on for long periods of time while washing dishes, prepping, and cooking
• Natural soundproof insulation that blocks out noise
• Easy-to-clean and maintain
• Easy to fix if damaged, as cork can be repaired by replacing a tile or plank
What are the cons of cork flooring for your kitchen?
Although homeowners enjoy the many benefits of cork, there are several cons to cork as well:
• Cork floors are light-sensitive and its colour will fade over time
• Although it’s water-resistant, liquids that are left on the surface for longer than necessary can still damage the flooring.
• Large pieces of furniture can permanently indent cork flooring. Consider using furniture pads or felt to help with this issue
Choosing cork flooring for your kitchen
Deerfoot Carpet and Flooring offers cork from several suppliers in either a plank or a panel format. With many colours and looks available cork will give your home an updated and modern look!
Get in touch with one of our knowledgeable team members today for the best in customer service and ongoing support. We can help you choose the right flooring for your home.